Narendra Modi was driven to Rashtrapati Bhavan for the swearing-in ceremony in a Mahindra Scorpio, long used by him during the Gujarat CM days. But soon after joining PM office, the Prime Minister of India had to put down his SUV for a glamorous BMW due to security reasons. The Special Protection Group (SPG) decided to go with the BMW 7 Series 760Li Security Edition— the most protected car in the country.
BMW 7 Series 760Li Security Features
The fifth generation BMW 7 Series High Security is a vehicle designed to meet the highest protection standards –
- Thick bullet-proof glass windows (6 cm thick & covered with a layer of polycarbonate)
- Powerful V12 engine that pushes the car from 0-100 kmph in 6.2 seconds
- The cabin turns into a gas proof chamber in case of a gas attack.
- The optimized armour plates are made from an incredibly strong special steel
- Equipped with electronically controlled Dynamic Damping Control
- The self-sealing fuel tank doesn’t explode under any circumstance.
- An attack alarm and an intercom system with hidden microphones and speakers to allow safe communication with people outside the vehicle without the necessity of opening doors and windows.
- The car run on flat tires up to 80 kilometers per hour.
- Fully compliant with the requirements of the class VR7 ballistic protection
The BMW 760Li High Security is served only by specially certified providers. Access to these vehicles is permitted by specially selected personnel. CJL Executive offer these vehicles as part of their armoured fleet along with trained Back Up Security Car Drivers for the overall security of the armored car service.